BBC Sherlock Roleplay
Welcome to BBC Sherlock Roleplay! Come join for the game is on!
BBC Sherlock Roleplay
Welcome to BBC Sherlock Roleplay! Come join for the game is on!
BBC Sherlock Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBC Sherlock Roleplay

Welcome to BBC Sherlock Roleplay! Will you help solve laborious crimes? Or perhaps commit them? It's your decision...

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Looking for staff; apply now! Located in the Notice Board.

C. Auguste Dupin

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sage Underwood

Sage Underwood

C. Auguste Dupin Empty
PostSubject: C. Auguste Dupin   C. Auguste Dupin EmptyWed May 28, 2014 2:38 am

Auguste Dupin
"An inquiry will afford us amusement."
C. Auguste Dupin La-belle-personne-3
(Faceclaim Louis Garrel)

Nickname/s: n/a
Title: Chevalier
Sexuality: Straight
Accommodation: Formally a manor in Faubourg Saint Germain, Paris. Now a smaller manor in London.

C. Auguste Dupin Tumblr_inline_mgsazoFqTk1rxaf8u

Personality: Dupin has the traits of a noble gentleman, though without the strict and stern traditionalist values held by many people of his particular upbringing. He tends to be kind and respectful to all he comes across, but has a distance to those he's unfamiliar with.

He tends to take practical problems and solve them with creative solutions, with a rather high rate of success despite his combined usage of imagination and analysis. Most all his knowledge is gained through reading, and he is surprisingly very well read and educated despite having little to no first hand experience in the things he knows of.

Yet despite his introverted undertones, Dupin enjoys the company of others, and is very kind and compassionate to those he cares about. He enjoys conversation, and typically those mixed with controversy and/or mystery. He loves a good challenge, and loves anything that could keep him engaged.

Rewards, fame, and money are usually an after thought when taking up a case, yet at times he finds himself to be greedy and taking up cases for those reasons, such as pursuing the financial reward in "The Purloined Letter" (1844). In all, he has a good moral compass, and the worst intentions he could have in taking a case would be for his own amusement, like in "The Murders in the Rue Morgue" (1841), though in that story he had also done it to prove a wrongly convicted man's innocence.

C. Auguste Dupin Tumblr_m10cxcZUAR1qag17lo1_500

Other attributes/skills: Highly observant, leading to prime abductive reasoning and ratiocination skills.
History: Dupin was brought up in a wealthy and privileged family. Throughout most of his young life, he enjoyed an almost lavish lifestyle filled with fancy society parties and financial prosper. He received some of the highest academic education in Paris, by the finest tutors money could buy.

Before the young Frenchman could fully enjoy the prosper of his family's wealth, it was all depleted due to "a variety of untoward events". His parents moved on to live with an aunt of his, and left him with what money they had left and their manor in Paris.

Surprisingly, he managed to make due with what little work he did, the only thing to support him was the money left behind by his parents. It was around this time that he met his unnamed companion in an obscure Paris library, the both of them looking for the same rare book. It was during this friendship that Dupin began to notice what remained of his riches begin to deplete, and so the two of them became a rather popular crime solving duo.

Though they did not have as much fame as the crime solving duo widely known in England (and perhaps even the world), the two did manage to make their riches through their investigations.

Only recently did Dupin move to London. And sadly, he had left his anonymous companion back in Paris. At the very least, he left his friend his mansion, and a ciphered letter noting his new residency. Hopefully, his friend is clever enough to solve the cipher. If not, then Dupin may be staying in London for quite some time.

RP Example:

There is a time in every person's life in which one feels like getting away from the noise of everyday life and instead experiencing someplace new. Auguste Dupin was not free from this feeling, and had made the assumption long ago that it were to happen eventually. It was almost amusing to him, for most he knew would say that it was impossible to be bored in Paris. Yet somehow, he managed to do the impossible.

He had left without notice, leaving only a letter to his friend, for Auguste figured the man would have liked to know where he set off for. This place was London, and though not the first on his list of places to visit, it was still a place to be in. If things went well here, perhaps he would have something to do. A case? A job? Only time would tell.

Now, sitting outside a cafe with his morning coffee and the daily newspaper, the Chevalier read through the front page article:

"Bodies discovered in Epping Forest. The bodies of three young men were discovered last night half buried in a ditch on the side of a trail. They look to be college or university students, and have yet to be identified..."

"How curious." Dupin muttered, setting down the paper.

He reached in his pocket and pulled out a small ballpoint pen, and began to casually underline and circle whatever he felt significant. From there, he drew arrows as to what related or what could relate, and all while annotating his insights between the lines, or any empty spaces around the article, in French. The way he went about it seemed routine, as if he had done this many times before. Once satisfied, he started to turn to the crossword section of the news to exercise his mind on that instead.

OOC Name: Sid
How did you find us: Google, and by already being here
Back to top Go down
Greg Lestrade
Admin
Greg Lestrade

Title : D.I

C. Auguste Dupin Empty
PostSubject: Re: C. Auguste Dupin   C. Auguste Dupin EmptyWed May 28, 2014 10:58 am

This is very good! I only have a few suggestions if you don't mind me saying? This is only advice and something that you may want to consider, in no way this is criticism  Smile :

-With this, I'll say yes to this character but it was supposed to be a separate account, once Moriarty is on, I recommend making a character account for him and asking Jim to switch the emails.

-It's very well written, however, i'm worried that it's a character that may not be accepted due to his time period…it's really good mind you, maybe a name change and add in how he came to the 21st century or is he already in the 21st?
Back to top Go down
Sage Underwood

Sage Underwood

C. Auguste Dupin Empty
PostSubject: Re: C. Auguste Dupin   C. Auguste Dupin EmptyWed May 28, 2014 4:07 pm

Ah, I know I have to make a separate account. I just wanted the sheet to be accepted first before I go ahead and make it!

And this is my modern day take on Dupin, though I do not see why a name change would be needed.

Sorry if this all confused you, I suppose I should have been more specific in the sheet.
Back to top Go down
Greg Lestrade
Admin
Greg Lestrade

Title : D.I

C. Auguste Dupin Empty
PostSubject: Re: C. Auguste Dupin   C. Auguste Dupin EmptyWed May 28, 2014 4:20 pm

Ah…right…I don't really know any rule that goes against it so…I will allow this to be approved, but if Moriarty comes back on and rebuts it, well…xD Okay then, welcome to the site, Dupin!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

C. Auguste Dupin Empty
PostSubject: Re: C. Auguste Dupin   C. Auguste Dupin Empty

Back to top Go down

C. Auguste Dupin
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BBC Sherlock Roleplay :: Characters :: Character Creation-
Jump to: