BBC Sherlock Roleplay
Welcome to BBC Sherlock Roleplay! Come join for the game is on!
BBC Sherlock Roleplay
Welcome to BBC Sherlock Roleplay! Come join for the game is on!
BBC Sherlock Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBC Sherlock Roleplay

Welcome to BBC Sherlock Roleplay! Will you help solve laborious crimes? Or perhaps commit them? It's your decision...

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Looking for staff; apply now! Located in the Notice Board.

Sherlock Holmes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sherlock.

Sherlock.

Sherlock Holmes Empty
PostSubject: Sherlock Holmes   Sherlock Holmes EmptyMon May 26, 2014 9:58 pm

Nickname/s  'Lock
Sexuality: Attracted to a person, not a sex or gender, if at all.
Accommodation: 221B Baker Street, London

Personality: Sherlock is, at heart, a decent and moral man but often lacks the social skills or the inclination to be seen in a good light. He considers it the problem for someone else to look below the surface to see that. Having said that, to avoid rejection and getting hurt, he tends not to allow anyone but his closest friend, John Watson, to see under the surface.

Although at times the detective is too impulsive and impatient this stems from not wishing to waste valuable time. He values reason and logic highly but is possessed of a deep well of emotions which he tries to be the master of. He pays attention to detail, draws conclusions from what he sees using logic. This 'deductive' method combines with his profound knowledge of criminal history and intuition to solve cases. He states facts and is generally honest to the extent that it is a fault. The exception to honesty is when dealing with criminals and suspects. As a man well versed in the arts of acting and disguise he uses his talents to obtain information or help. Although honest about his abilities since he has no sense of false modesty he comes off as being arrogant. He knows, however, when to consult an expert.

Sherlock is extremely loyal and goes out of his way to protect the few people that he considers a friend. He is capable of being gentlemanly towards a lady in distress. He has a sense of humour which borders on desert dry but has a child-like sense of fun which prevents him from being too serious all the time.

Other attributes/skills: He can play the violin reasonably well and composes occasionally, often while his brain is ticking over on something else. He also enjoys doing mainly scientific research and publishing papers. He has a good memory for whatever is useful to the work, including foreign languages, and has an excellent recall of many of his flat-mates conversations. His skills include acting, he can fire a gun but prefers not to use one. He can swim, ride a motorcycle and can also drive four wheeled vehicles. 

History: Raised by two loving parents, both of whom are living, Sherlock also has a brother, Mycroft, who is seven years his senior and they have an uncle Rudolph. Uncle Rudy, and Sherlock, take after the detective's grandmother's side of the family. She was the sister of the French artist Vernet.

Sherlock was initially sent to Harrow where he enjoyed drama, boxing, martial arts and music. He then attended university (Cambridge) and studied science for three years. After graduation he returned to London and lived in Montague Street near the British Museum studying the subjects necessary to turn his hobby of solving crimes into a career. He was formerly an occasional drug user in attempts to relieve the stress of being bored until he found his vocation in life solving crime which was suggested to him by the father of his singular university friend Victor Trevor. Another of his early cases was for Reg Musgrave whom he knew slightly from university. The mainstay of his business is via a private clientele but he has worked with several Scotland Yard officials including D.I. Lestrade whom he has known for several years and considers to be the best on the Force.

He shares a flat with his best friend, John Watson, to whom he has tried to teach his methods. They were introduced to each other whilst looking for a flat-sharer by Mike Stamford, a mutual friend at St. Bart's Hospital. He finds his best friend complex, intriguing, funny, clever in his own way and values his kindness, bravery and loyalty.

RP Example:

Sherlock saw the man, following Mike Stamford in,hobble into the room and look around as if remembering the past.

“Remember how this was? We had to mange with beat up old photocopiers. One of which was always broken” Stamford quipped and laughed “Sherlock...Sherlock Holmes this is an old mate of mine, John Watson”

“Pleased to meet you” Sherlock managed barely looking up from typing. His accent said 'Harrow' education. He finished the e-mail and zapped it off then stepping forward with a smile shook John Watson's hand firmly. This friend of Stanford's seemed to be what he was looking for in a flat-sharer as Sherlock considered him for a moment before deftly slotting a book into the bed of the photocopier and jabbing the green start button with a flourish from a long, bony thin finger. “Afghanistan or Iraq?” He turned back to be ready to pounce on the photocopier when it stopped.

The detective smiled inwardly as John answered with a question and looked at Stamford. Claiming innocence Mike held his hands up. “I didn't say anything”.

Sherlock pulled his photocopy out of the tray. “The real question is can you flat-share with me? It's large, and the rent is very reasonable. I know the landlady well. I get down in the dumps at times, and I might not speak for days, but just ignore that, it's not personal. I generally have chemicals about, and occasionally do experiments and I play the violin sometimes. Come round tomorrow and have a look.”

OOC Name: Pm me for that.
How did you find us: Google

Last edited by Sherlock. on Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:09 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added history and an original para sample.)
Back to top Go down
Greg Lestrade
Admin
Greg Lestrade

Title : D.I

Sherlock Holmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sherlock Holmes   Sherlock Holmes EmptyMon May 26, 2014 10:48 pm

Everything is looking good, it's just that the history may need a bit more to work on…if you don't mind and since the other Sherlock seems to be inactive I think it'll be alright, unless my head gets chopped off by Moriarty xD
Back to top Go down
Sherlock.

Sherlock.

Sherlock Holmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sherlock Holmes   Sherlock Holmes EmptyTue May 27, 2014 1:16 am

Thank you.  Smile I've edited to add to history as you suggested. I'll edit again if the character is allowed as Sherlock to bring it into line.
Back to top Go down
Theodore Gillroy

Theodore Gillroy

Sherlock Holmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sherlock Holmes   Sherlock Holmes EmptyTue May 27, 2014 7:53 pm

Alrighty! Looking good. Accepted!

-Greg-
Back to top Go down
Sherlock.

Sherlock.

Sherlock Holmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sherlock Holmes   Sherlock Holmes EmptyTue May 27, 2014 10:43 pm

Greg, does this mean I'm accepted as the resident Sherlock?

Also, if you don't mind me asking, I can't figure out why there is a Cardiff section and a London section. I know filming is mainly in Cardiff but...
Back to top Go down
Greg Lestrade
Admin
Greg Lestrade

Sherlock Holmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sherlock Holmes   Sherlock Holmes EmptyTue May 27, 2014 11:07 pm

I really have no clue and yes, unless the owner comes on and says otherwise, you are now the Sherlock on this site!
Back to top Go down
Sherlock.

Sherlock.

Sherlock Holmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sherlock Holmes   Sherlock Holmes EmptyTue May 27, 2014 11:57 pm

Thanks for the clarification. Great!

If you have anything you want to do in an rp and are willing and available would you like to put it in a PM to me?

I have a case based plot in mind which would be part in London and part elsewhere for which I'll need our resident John and it could be tweaked to be a little bit like Hounds of Baskerville but with a bigger part for your Greg? That's one idea, anyway. I'd like to know what you are interested in writing.
Back to top Go down
Greg Lestrade
Admin
Greg Lestrade

Sherlock Holmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sherlock Holmes   Sherlock Holmes EmptyWed May 28, 2014 1:05 am

Sounds all good to me and currently, Theo's the only villain aside from Moriarty Smile so if you want to rp with a villain, lemme know? And I would like to do that thread!
Back to top Go down
Sherlock.

Sherlock.

Sherlock Holmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sherlock Holmes   Sherlock Holmes EmptyWed May 28, 2014 10:40 am

Ok, Greg, good. I'll have you as Lestrade please. I've PM'd John Watson to see if Rags is game so I'll wait for a reply then give you both details to discuss. There is a drug dealer, murder and an elephant in the rp btw so I'm suggesting the title of "The Elephant In the Room"
Back to top Go down
Greg Lestrade
Admin
Greg Lestrade

Sherlock Holmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sherlock Holmes   Sherlock Holmes EmptyWed May 28, 2014 10:53 am

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sherlock Holmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sherlock Holmes   Sherlock Holmes Empty

Back to top Go down

Sherlock Holmes
Page 1 of 1